Gaslamp Historic Sie #11: Broker’s Building
The original building on this site housing Klauber’s and Levi’s wholesale business, suffered from a collapsed foundation in 1887, and was destroyed by fire in 1888. Rebuilt in 1889, this building continued to be a home to Abraham Klauber’s and Simon Levi’s wholesale enterprise. They remained until 1929, occupying the basement and first floor, and were the only tenants until 1903. The third floor was added in 1909.